Many people suffer from migraines, and that can have a huge impact on their daily functioning. Over the years I have been able to help many patients by using chiropractic treatments and recommending other natural remedies.
Below are the five best ways to treat migraines naturally.
- Take vitamins. A vitamin B complex is a good start. Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) contributes significantly to the stimulation of energy within the nerve cells. If there is not enough energy to meet the demand of the nerve cells, that can be a cause of migraines. A dose of 400 mg/day is recommended.
- Go to a chiropractor. Chiropractors specialize in evaluating any misalignment(s) as well as the functioning of the nervous system and spine. By correcting subluxations or misalignment(s) of the spine, the pressure on the nerves can be reduced, which enables the body to function optimally and relieve complaints such as headaches and migraines.
- Use an ice pack. Ice has an anti-inflammatory effect and is better than heat in the case of migraines.
- Avoid caffeine. Long-term intake of large amounts of caffeine can lead to withdrawal symptoms that can trigger migraines. Try to reduce your daily caffeine consumption to avoid these headache and migraine triggers.
- Get enough sleep. Sleep deprivation can lead to many complaints, including headaches and migraines. A good and regular night’s sleep, in a quiet environment, and a cooler bedroom temperature: these can all contribute to a better sleep pattern and lead to more rest, thus helping the body to recover.
These are just a few examples of natural ways to reduce migraines. Contact your doctor to see which methods are best for you.